Saturday, January 15, 2011

Monkey Hat (and other news)

Is this a cute hat or what!

One of the attorneys I work with, Serena, made Joey this adorable monkey hat for Christmas. As you can see from the pics he really likes it!

Serena is so talented! Thanks girlfriend!
I also thought I should address something I alluded to in my last post...Joey becoming a big brother someday. For those friends who only keep up with family news via the blog...we are actively trying to make Joey a big brother. I want so badly for him to have a sibling! However, this has proven to be a bit more difficult of an endeavor than I anticipated. There was the ectopic pregnancy in June and more recently... I had a miscarriage at about 8 weeks into a pregnancy this past December. I had not blogged about that pregnancy because...well your supposed to wait until after the first trimester in case you miscarry...Right?
Well I don't agree with that old social norm anymore. If you keep early pregnancy to yourself then you end up suffering alone when there are difficulties with it...and I need the support of my family and friends in this endeavor!
So in the future I want to be more forthcoming with such news...even if it does not work out.
So yes...our plans are to make Joey a big brother this year!
and we will keep working on teaching him how to be gentle with his baby doll!

1 comment:

  1. Cori - so sorry for your losses. I too, believed as you did, and when I lost mine at 6 weeks, I kept it quiet as well. After struggling through it virtually alone (except for my husband and mom), I realized that it was the wrong choice for me. However brief, it was a life and deserves to be recognized and remembered. Here's hoping for a lucky 2011 for us both!

    ReplyDelete