Daddy put on Santa sleeves and gloves for a few poses. Joey kept trying to eat the gloves but eventually we got a few pics.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- That we have a happy and, for the most part, healthy baby;
- that this past year, because of Joey's Ds we have met some of the most wonderful families and made some friendships that we know will last a lifetime;
- That we have such wonderful family and friends who have stuck by us over the years and who have been so supportive of us this year in particular;
- That my Dad's surgery went well and he is at home recovering;
- that we are both gainfully employed, despite the tough economy, and working for such great people (even if I am at work this morning);
- Jen and the entire Sanchez family who have made my return to work possible and who have welcomed Joey into their home and loved him like a member of their family;
- That Tony and I have each other, a great marriage, and are adapting well to our role as parents;
Saturday, November 21, 2009
I have to admit, that despite her flaws, I have always been a huge fan of Sarah Pailin. I think that she has been treated incredibly unfairly and horribly by the media. This interview just made me connect with her even more. Here is a link to where you can find the segment. Sorry I could not link all the way to the story. You have to scroll down on the right and find it.
Anyway, we took Joey to the Stanford Down syndrome clinic for an appointment on Friday.... More to come on that hopefully tomorrow.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
My father, Joey's Pa Pa and namesake, was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. He just had a bone scan and we are happy to report that it came out normal. So I don't think it has spread. But he still has to have surgery and we are all a little scared. I love my father and I absolutely love watching him and Joey interact. Here they were on October 31, 2009 hanging out together.
We are praying that he has a speedy recovery and as easy of a time as possible getting through this. We love you dad!
Monday, November 9, 2009
- Rolling all over the place
- crawling backwards a little bit
- Drinking water from a cup with a straw
- leaping from his belly to being up on his hands and knees
- rocking back and forth on his hands and knees
- eating baby food or baby cereal twice a day
- laughing when you lift him into the air
- splashing like crazy in the bath tub
- blowing tons of raspberries
- babbling some (not a ton) but he has his moments when he babbles like crazy
- sleeping through the night (still)
- gives kisses (well he opens his mouth a little and pauses his raspberries for you to kiss him)
At Joey's nine month well baby check up this morning he was weighing in at 18 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 27 1/2 inches tall. He is in the 75th percentile on the Ds charts for boys. The doctor said his growth is perfect and he is doing pretty well. Joey started the RSV shots (Synagis) which he will have to do once a month until April. And... I almost forgot to report.. the results of the MRI were normal... THANK GOD! no tumor! We love this baby so much!
Here are some more pics from our recent trip down to San Diego. Here Joey is enjoying some play time with his Cousin Ellie.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Here Joey is helping carve his first pumpkin.
He dressed up as a bear. It was so hot in San Diego that we had to go without the leggings. Look at Joey checking out his big soft belly...
All ready to go...
As were Spider man and our little ballerina
Joey rode around in the stroller and clung to his candy bag like a real trooper.
Here he is checking out his loot.
We let him pick out a piece to taste.